Tips for a Stress Free Home
Want to make your home more soothing and inviting or just stress-free?
Create a retreat you will love by:
· Creating niches with comfortable seating and pillows
· Incorporate soft lighting by adding up-lighting around plants, under cabinet lighting, candles or installed dimmers to create a warm and inviting space
· Have inviting scents by adding candles, diffusers, incense, or plug-ins to create a pleasing aroma
· Invite nature inside with plants and other natural elements
· Carefully placed items that remind you of your favorite places or trips
· Soothing warm tones or subdued colors create a relaxing and inviting space
· Incorporate white noise such as a subtle water feature and/or other sounds of nature
· Add a beverage center such as coffee, wine or spirits bar
· Create an outdoor retreat with comfortable seating, ie, hammock, lounge or other seating
· Curate a comfy reading nook in an unused corner of your home with favorite books and a soft blanket
· Smart homes with built-in speakers, automated lighting, appliances, thermostats, and cameras can alleviate stress while at work or away on travel
· Add storage and seating at an entrance for storage of shoes, coats and backpacks or briefcases so that all is removed and stowed away upon entrance to your home
Creating a sanctuary can be a simple or elaborate process depending on your needs. A little prep and organization can free your space of clutter and bring a little extra Zen to your life.
A place for everything, everything in its place.