10 Things to do before listing your home
Updated: Apr 23
1) Make any necessary repairs inside and outside the home
2) Add a coat of fresh paint and use colors that appeal to more buyers
3) Reduce clutter, overcrowding of furniture and minimize your closet. Less is definitely more. If your home is crowded with too much or oversized furniture it might be hard for the buyers to envision that their furnishings will fit as well.
4) Depersonalize, remove family photos
5) Create warm inviting spaces or vignettes both indoor and outdoor
6) Keep your home fresh and clean, light candles. What did your mom say, You only get one opportunity to make a first impression. Make sure that your home is free of unpleasant odors.
7) Invest in professional photography. Better photos will bring more potential buyers by reflecting the best view of your home
8) Make a list of the best features of your homes and emphasize those
9) Make any upgrades that will make your home more marketable. Kitchens sell homes.
Doing upgrades before listing your home might ensure that your home sells more quickly. If it takes longer to sell, it could cost you a lot more money in the long run.